Social media pros and cons is a very important subject, particularly if you are an online marketer.
Knowing the advantages and disadvantages of social media marketing is HUGE.
Social media has become an important part of the everyday lives of hundreds of millions worldwide.
Its various platforms are praised on the part of marketing enthusiasts.
Also, when you consider the
However, there’s still a level of reservation concerning social media by many in the business world.
The plague of employee un-productivity is associated with the likes of Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Even in 2018, reluctance on the part of many businesses to adopt social media in their marketing campaigns still exist.
Can’t decide if you need to incorporate social media marketing strategies into your online business?
Social Media Pros and Cons: The Disadvantages
- Time Exhausting – It is quite possible to spend the whole day online scrolling through feeds, refreshing tweets and posts.
- As a brand, you feel obligated to create posts which your customers or followers can relate to.
- Takes Time to Yield Profit – It can take a while to see results even from a well-thought-out campaign.
- Sometimes social media marketing can yield quick results, and many times you don’t get the results as fast as you’d like.
- It takes patience and a whole lot of planning before campaigns can translate into profits
- Risk of Harmful Comments – Nowadays the most harmless of comments can snowball into an unwanted discussion.
- You want to make sure you limit negative posts. Negative reviews and comments would put you and your company in the limelight for all the wrong reasons.
- Loss of Control – Social media provides a voice to everyone, even people whose opinions are illogical and ignorant.
- You need to be sure that people are saying the right things about you as a small business owner and your brand.
With every post, there’s bound to be a comment or more one might have to react to.
Also, it’s not difficult to see how workplace productivity can suffer and why employers frown on social media.
As careful as you endeavor to be, you cannot control what someone posts or tweets about you personally.
Neither can you control what someone posts about your business.
You have to monitor comments to some extent to prevent gossip, misinformation
Wealthy Affiliate is the Most Downloaded Affiliate Marketing Program on the Internet Today.
For More Than 12 Years WA Has Been Helping People Make Money Online!
Social Media Pros and Cons: The Advantages
- Promotes Brand Loyalty – keeping in touch with your customers regularly via your social media channels can contribute to the success of your brand as well as endear you to the hearts of your customers.
- Find All Your Customers in One Place – Millions of people have social media accounts.
- Various social media platforms cater to different sets of people. Find the one that appeals to your brand and prospective customers.
- A Cheap Form of Advertisement – A retweet or a share or a post can get your business in front of thousands of people.
- Organic traffic is possible through social media.
- Get Response Quickly – People who show interest in your business or brand can get their thoughts on your products fast.
- You can set up surveys and polls when you need customer input.
- Understand your Customers – interacting with your customers on social media can increase sales.
- Gain valuable information on customer, habits, problems, likes
- Getting such valuable information can be of great benefit when it comes to future marketing campaigns.
- Inexpensive to Set Up – Setting up profiles on social media platforms is as fast, simple and as free as it comes. Setting up a page for your business can be done free of charge on most social media platforms.
Your Content Will Influence Your Social Media Presence
Also, content plays a huge role in attracting customers.
The quality, tone and writing style of a post can influence people to check out your business and become potential customers.
Surveys and polls have proven to work when it comes to getting a clearer picture of how potential customers think.
Why go for trial and error when you can get it right by asking individuals directly for their viewpoint.
Does Your Business Need Social Media
Social media gives you the opportunity to answer whatever questions, concerns and complaints your customers have.
Social media presents that concerns instantly as opposed to the traditional ‘long wait’ approach.
Including social media marketing into your marketing campaigns depends wholly on its usefulness for your business.
Social media marketing doesn’t promise to triple your profits overnight but it’s capable of building long-term customer loyalty.
Should Social Media Be Your Mainstay for Marketing?
My answer would be an emphatic NO.
Making Social media
ocial media is only one option to get people to sign up on your e-mail list and get paying customers.
Social media marketing avails you the opportunity of getting new people looking at your brand by virtue of the number of people who use it.
However, it may take some time before these new people can turn into actual paying customers.
If you’re selling anything, setting up a brand on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube cannot be overemphasized.
However, the reason for this move should be considered properly.
Should You Use Social Media Only?
If the goal is to get new customers, it is best if one pays attention to other alternatives, not just social media sites.
Wealthy Affiliate is the #1 Online Choice for New Internet Marketers and has Helped People from Around the World to Learn to Make Money Online.
Affiliate marketing is recommending
If approached correctly, you can get your business established to the point where it’s bringing in a substantial income.
As your business grows, outsourcing routine tasks associated with your blog or website is a real possibility.
Search Engine Optimization or simply put SEO is the use of various techniques to improve your company’s ranking on search engines.
Good SEO practices
If your business reaches to local customers, you might want to set up in Google My Business.
Other Alternatives To Social Media
3. Email Marketing
Once you start having people checking your website, you need to develop an email list.
An email list allows you to communicate with customers and get your products and services seen.
Also, using a
4. Online Advertising
Advertising allows you to reel in new customers on a regular basis as well.
Do your goals include getting new customers regularly, and becoming a force to reckon in your chosen field?
If so, it’s essential that you grab the opportunity online advertising
A recommendation on online marketing would be Google AdWords: useful for all types of businesses.
There are multitudes of online classified sites available.
Remember that online classified sites that are free have less money to promote their site.
Therefore, free classified sites typically have much smaller audiences.
Classified sites that charge a fee usually are better when you’re trying to generate paying customers.
Wealthy Affiliate Will Help You With Social Media Pros And Cons
Below is a brief video that describes what Wealthy Affiliate has to offer:
I hope you’ve found that this post has added value to your business. I would love to get your comments below on your viewpoint of social media marketing.
Are you are a beginner to online marketing or someone that has been trying to establish an online business for some time?
Please check out the platform that I used to help me learn how to make money online.