Many website and blog owners routinely use niche PLR articles; however, there are clear advantages and disadvantages in using such content.
Some people have strong opinions and dislike when it comes to using PLR content. Keep in mind this post is for website owners and bloggers who choose to use PLR or aren’t sure if using PLR is a good idea for them.
What you choose to do with your online business is indeed “your business”.
Make an informed, intelligent decision and decide what is right for you and what your personal standards will tolerate.
Why Some Website / Blog Owners Use PLR Material
The main reason why some website and blog owners use PLR material is it can save a tremendous amount of time writing content from scratch.
I’ll be the first to tell you that I’m for anything legitimate that can help me write more blog posts faster.
Instead of having to spend hours thinking of keyword related content to write about in your related niche, purchasing “new” PLR articles to have at your disposal saves on your greatest asset: time.
There are advantages and disadvantages in using PLR content.
Some website owners feel that the BIGGEST advantage of using PLR articles is PLR content enables you to scale your business…QUICKLY.
In internet marketing, there are many ways to drive traffic to your site: blog posts, reports, SEO articles, press releases, eBooks and a host of other ways.
What do all of these have in common? THEY ALL NEED CONTENT.
If you have access to 25-50 pieces of content and after some major tweaking of the articles you can submit to a number of traffic channels over a short period of time.
According to accomplished bloggers and website owners, here are the advantages some advantages of using PLR material:
- Time Savings. PLR gives you a ready-made outline from which to work. Instead of the time-consuming process of coming up with an idea and creating from scratch, you instantly have a foundation for an article or blog post.
- Cost efficient. When you compare the cost of hiring a writer, PLR content is very affordable, especially for new people starting out. The money just isn’t there to outsource in the initial stages of your business.
- Flexibility. You’re able to change the content to fit your needs. It’s called Private Label Rights because when you purchase it, you have the license to change the content.
- Complete freedom to edit. Not only can you change PLR content by adding, deleting, rearranging and revising the content. but you must change it by completely rewriting it so that the search engines see it as unique.
- Ownership claim. Because you’re creating an entirely new piece of content after you rewrite it, you can put your name on it and claim it as the owner.
Additional Resources: Blog Writing That Get Results: 4 Tips on Writing Blog Content
Disadvantages of Using PLR Material
- Hundreds of others can purchase the same content you just bought. When you buy PLR through PLR suppliers, it’s true that they limit the number of licenses sold.
However, straight out the box you’re still buying content that hundreds, maybe even thousands of others own.
Revising and making it unique by rewriting it is crucial. Many people who purchased the same PLR content as you have are too lazy to do a thorough rewrite of the content.
They submit the article without making radical changes. If you care about the future of your online business, you must submit content that’s unique.
- PLR content usually is dry and generic. PLR content most of the time is dry, dull, plain, uninspiring content. Some are more poorly written than others.
Most PLR content is generic, meaning that there’s no specific details in the content – you have to add the necessary additions to make it unique.
- Restrictions. There may be restrictions on the use of the PLR articles you purchase, depending on the license that’s offered.
For example, you may not be able to offer the content for free through your newsletter or for signing up on an email list. Be sure to read the license carefully so you are clear how the material can be used.
- PLR articles are NOT unique. This is the most obvious disadvantage from my viewpoint. It may be “new” in the sense that the PLR membership site just released it, but it’s not original content.
Don’t Be a Lazy Bum
You cannot take PLR articles “as is” and submit them on your website or blog. If you do, the search engines will eat you alive!
You will be penalized so hard you’ll need a lawyer to get you website rankings back to any respectable level.
This is where sheer laziness and inexperience with PLR can kill your online business.
Even the so-called bad PLR content can be re-modified into really good content provided that you make the effort to rewrite it.
Just slapping a bunch of affiliate links in the PLR content, which is what lazy and inexperienced people do, and calling it a day will NEVER improve you website rankings or increase sales.
When you take the path of least resistance when it comes to PLR, you’ve FAILED before you’ve had an opportunity to establish your brand or your business.
Modifying and Rewriting PLR is the Key
You must modify the content if you want to make it shine and stand out above all the other content out there relating to your niche. It takes some work to do this, but if you want your website or blog to rank well, rewriting PLR content is an absolute MUST.
If you are going to choose PLR to help scale up your business, choose your PLR from reputable sources. The two sources I recommend are The PLR Store and Master Resale Rights.
I’ve personally used PLR from both of these sites, re-modified it to make it unique, and used the rewritten material with great success.
Always stay away from PLR that wasn’t written by native English writers. Some foreign-born people try to pass PLR material off as though a native English-speaking person wrote it.
In many cases PLR content is written by people whose second language is English, and if you take the time to read some of their sample material, you can quickly tell the writer was foreign-born.
If the English is very good in the PLR content, then you have a valuable resource you can use to scale up you online business.
Using PLR In Review
· Stay away from PLR that is poorly written and the English doesn’t flow naturally. It was written by a non-English speaking individual.
· ALWAYS modify ANY PLR content regardless if it’s free or purchased
· The key to successfully using PLR here is simply modification, and lots of it.
· Take the PLR material apart, restructure the sentences and paragraphs and add your own niche-related information and personal writing style to make the content unique.
· DO NOT just add affiliate links, change the title, put your name on it and think that this is all that is needed to make the material unique. DON’T FOOL YOURSELF.
Creating information products, website and blog content is a huge opportunity to bring in sales and revenue that could last for years to come.
The conclusion of the matter is modify the content and get the content from reputable sources. Do whatever it takes to rewrite the content to make it unique and make it fit into your particular niche.
Make it flow nicely and most importantly, add your voice into it so that your content promotes your brand which is turn will lead to BIG Online Profits!
You CAN Do This!