Making Money Blogging From Home is not as easy as people think.
Many aspiring bloggers struggle with how to make money blogging online.
Does this sound like you?
Well, if it is, then guess what?
You’re not alone!
What happens is many well-meaning “newbie” bloggers start writing but eventually run into a wall.
They find out that blogging without a structured platform to guide them is very difficult.
They quickly see that without some type of structure, their efforts fall flat.
before they think about how their hard work will pay off.
However, while you’ve been struggling to master the basics of blogging, there are others who have NOT been struggling.
Wealthy Affiliate has been helping thousands just like you build a profitable online business from day one.
Making Money Blogging From Home – Begin With The End In Mind
When considering Making Money Blogging From Home here is a point you must keep in mind:
When you start your blog, you should have a plan from day one to make money from it.
If you want to make “quit your day job” amounts of money, here’s what you have to do:
You MUST plan for success right from the very beginning.
Your blog must be seen as credible and authentic.
Unless it’s viewed that way, folks won’t click your affiliate links and buy your stuff.
Let’s take a closer look at how successful bloggers make money from their sites and how you can too.
How Do Bloggers Make Money?
There are a variety of ways bloggers can make a part-time or full-time living with a multitude of strategies.
They fall into two categories:
Passive monetization and active monetization.
Passive monetization is the type most talked about among “newbie” bloggers.
It’s the type monetization connected to the “set it & forget it” mindset.
You set up your sales funnel once and let it work for you 24/7 generating “passive” income.
Similarly, you are responsible for periodic mantinence and tracking campaigns to see which ones get you the best results.
For example, bloggers can make passive income by:
- selling ebooks that address a particular need
- joining affiliate marketing programs that are in alignment with your “niche”.
- displaying ads on your blog – Google AdSense is the go-to choice for bloggers displaying ads for the first time.
Again, think of passive monetization as setting up your “system” once, and allow the sales funnel to do it’s job.
Active monetization means you’re going to personally do something to earn money while using your blog to attract customers.
The following are examples of active monetization:
- offering monthly coaching services
- selling physical products through Amazon Associates or Ali Express
- providing professional consulting services
So, between the two, which method should you choose: passive income or active monetization?
Most “newbie” bloggers start with passive monetization.
The reason they do this is because passive monetization is not very difficult to set up.
Part-time bloggers like passive monetization because it does not require a lot of ongoing work.
Passive monetization is an easy way to earn income while your blog continues to attract new readers.
But Wait! I Already Have a Blog and It’s Not Making Money
If you already have a blog and it’s not making money, then there’s one thing you need to look at.
You need to look at your traffic statistics.
Are your pageviews along with your daily visitors are less than 1,000?
If so, that’s probably the reason why you’re not earning money.
Here’s a fact that cannot be disputed: Higher traffic = Higher chances of making money.
Is your blog getting less than 100 visitors a day?
Then your chances of making money are way lower than a blog with 10,000 visitors.
growing your audience must be a primary, ongoing focus of your blog for the forseeable future.
The easiest and fastest way to begin making money is from your blog is through affiliate marketing.
It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or if your blog is already successful.
How exactly does affiliate marketing work?
You, the “affiliate”, recommend products to your audience by means of an affiliate link.
If members of your audience buys your stuff through your affiliate links, you receive a commission.
Affiliate marketing can be quite profitable.
It can be very lucrative only if you find the best affiliate program that meets the needs of your audience.
When it comes to display ads, Google AdSense is often the route bloggers take when starting out.
Thousands of bloggers made their first few dollars using Google AdSense.
These newer ad networks pay more than AdSense which is why they have become more popular.
Likewise, for bloggers using ad networks can be profitable and easy to implement.
- Display ads are truly a passive income source — set it up and forget it.
- Some ad programs are easy to join if you are a beginner
- Pays a lot, but only if you have high traffic.
- If you don’t have a lot of traffic, earnings will be low until your traffic increases.
- Blogs that are overrun with display ads can turn off readers.
Specific Steps – How Do I Make Money Blogging
- You have to find a platform that will allow you to set up a blog. Wealthy Affiliate is perfect for starting a blog
- Decide to get the Free Starter account or go straight to the Premium Account
- Decide what your blog is going to focus on. This is called your “niche” or subject of interest
- Choose a WordPress theme, or webpage, that you feel comfortable with
- Just follow the lesson modules in Wealthy Affiliate. It’s all laid out for you! All you have to do is Follow Instructions
- Consistently complete the assignments! DON’T “do your own thing.” Follow instructions!
- In 8 to 12 months your blog will start making money!
If you actually do what I just outlined above, you WILL learn how to make money online with your blog!
- Tips On Writing Website Content: Writing For Scanners
- Starting An Affiliate Marketing Online Business – Pros And Cons
- Writing Good Blog Content: How To Get Motivated And Get Good Ideas
Making Money Blogging From Home – There Is No Magic Bullet
You will only make money from your blog once it starts to have a large amount of traffic.
However, the problem for most bloggers is making money doesn’t happen overnight.
There is no “magic bullet”, no “secret method” to making money online.
Getting your blog posts found on the search engines takes a lot of hard work.
Also, creating enough engaging content that gets ranked well requires commitment and focus.
And it takes even more work to gain the trust of your readers.
Learn How To Build Trust With Wealthy Affiliate
Theres a remarkable thing about trust:
Once you have your reader’s trust, earning consistent income on a daily basis is easier to accomplish.
Likewise, for all of the above reasons, I recommend Wealthy Affiliate as an outstanding blogging platform.
What’s So Outstanding About Wealthy Affiliate?