How To Make Money Selling Digital Products can be accomplished with some work and
If you can find the RIGHT product, then the job of selling your product is half done.
That’s because an in-demand product will do half of the selling for you.
On the other hand, the wrong product will mean you’ll have to work much harder than you’d like to make a sale.
Comming up with great product ideas can be quite tricky.
When you’re trying to research the marketplace it can feel like everything that can be sold is already BEING sold.
As you research the marketplace there seems to be products for everything.
However, 5 years ago people thought the same way. And yet, in the last 5 years, look at all the new products that have hit the market.
The key is to find a hungry market and then give that market what it wants.
Trying to understand the psychology of why people buy is extremely important.
How To Make Money Selling Digital Products By Solving A Customer’s Pain Point
Solving a customer’s pain point always has been and will be an effective strategy to develop a product people want.
Look at the example of asprin. Pain relievers like aspirin literally take away pain. That’s why people don’t hesitate to buy them.
People are experiencing pain in their lives. Look at the important areas people are experiencing pain in:
- the pain of stress,
- money problems cause tremendous pain
- loneliness is very painful
- low energy causes pain
- the physical and emotional pain of being out of shape,
- pain caused by poor health,
- the pain of having to endure a lousy job
All of these cause very real pain, and when you can relieve that pain, you make a sale.
Let’s look at an example of the above:
You’re at the dog park with your dog, and over and over again you hear dog owners complaining that dog toys don’t last and are expensive.
This is a pain point.
How can you solve this pain point?
You could eliminate this particular pain in by writing a short ebook.
Your ebook could explain the best types of dog toys for owners to buy with affiliate links selling the dog toys you recommend.
In the content of your ebook you could have affiliate links to the following:
- affiliate links selling cheaper dog toys
- affiliate links to dog toys that last longer
- cheaper dog toys that last longer affiliate links.
The point is this: pay special attention when people say they are frustrated with a particular product or service.
Cater to Enthusiastic Hobbyists
When considering How To Make Money Selling Digital Products you want to keep this point in mind:
The more passionate people are about their particular trade or hobby, the more money they’ll invest to get the exact product they want.
If you find passionate people, you’ll have a hot market.
Listen to what they say and watch what they do, and you’ll find product ideas worth pursuing.
For example, you take a walk and notice people out gardening.
What information product can you offer them that makes gardening more fun and productive?
Maybe you create an info product on 101 weird ways to grow the biggest, best, most glorious bug and disease-free garden ever.
This is just one example. However, you get the idea.
Keep your eyes open and watch for ideas because they are everywhere.
Your Personal Passion
When it comes to How To Make Money Selling Digital Products there is an old saying:
If you do what you love, the money will follow.
Well, that’s not necessarily true.
In many instances, profitable niches ARE NOT something you may personally feel passionate about.
Nevertheless, that doesn’t mean you can’t become an expert in a niche you didn’t have a personal interest in initially.
However, if you can use your know-how to create and position a unique product in a niche you love, it can be extremely profitable.
When you love your niche it makes a huge difference.
That’s because the hard work of building a business, staying motivated, and overcoming obstacles becomes a lot easier.
Here’s an example: one blogger started writing about how to make money online.
However, she kept using her scuba diving experiences to illustrate points in her content.
The more scuba crept into her blog, the more she realized that her real passion was scuba diving.
Eventually, she started a diving website and is now making money promoting her ebook on scuba diving.
She also promotes diving trips and sells diving equipment, as well as taking paid advertisements.
The point is you can create a digital product, or ebook, for just about ANY niche imaginable.
How To Make Money Selling Digital Products By Using Your Personal Experience
Have you been working in a particular industry for 10, 20, or 30 years?
Odds are you know more about certain aspects of that industry than 99.9% of people on the planet.
Also, think about the important contacts you’ve made in the industry you’re associated with.
Whatever your industry is, you’ve learned certain skills and had your own unique set of experiences.
Do you realize what that makes you?
That makes you an expert in your field!
You are more knowledgeable than the average person on these particular topics.
Similarly, turning your expertise into your own digital product is an excellent way to make money online.
An online business might be a smart way to enter the market with a leg up that isn’t easy for others to duplicate or copy.
For example, a plumber might start an online business teaching people to do their own plumbing maintenance and fix small plumbing problems.
His website or blog could also serve as a review site for local plumbers.
Similarly, that same plumber can help new plumbers by creating a digital download in the form of an ebook teaching them the ins and outs of the business.
That same plumber can create an ebook to help new plumbers with the following:
- teaching them the ins and outs of the plumbing business,
- how to build up a large clientele fast
- how to structure their business to limit liability
- the best way to collect on slow paying customers
- how to hire the right employees and be an effective boss
- and everything else related to a plumbing business.
At this point, you are starting to understand one primary thing:
When it comes to How To Make Money Selling Digital Products a great deal of it is planning and forethought.
Can You Spot The
Diffrence Between A Trend And A Fad?
Are you good at recognizing trends early enough to take full advantage of the opportunities?
What exactly is a trend?
A trend is something long-term with lots of potentials to be profitable for a couple of years up to possibly a decade.
A fad is generally here today and gone tomorrow and may last for a few months to maybe a year or two.
To capitalize on a fad you have to be very attentive and ready to act at a moment’s notice.
Therefore, when you spot the right opportunity, you have to act fast because it’s the first movers who have an extreme advantage.
Here are a few resources that will help you to watch for what’s trending:
- Social Media: Watch trending hashtags on Twitter or trending topics on Facebook to identify and monitor trends over time.
- Google Trends: Watch and monitor the popularity of topics over a period of time as you look for upward trends that show no sign of disappearing.
- Trend Hunter: https://www.trendhunter.com The front page of their website states: “Spark new ideas with the world’s #1 largest, most powerful trend platform. This is an excellent tool for spotting future trends.
- Reddit: http://www.reddit.com This “Front page of the internet” showcases forums about nearly every topic under the sun Visiting this popular website will help give you some ideas as to what’s trending.
Read Customer Reviews for Existing Products
There is a wealth of insight you can glean from customer reviews.
The purpose of reading customer reviews is to look for trends and interesting feedback that you can use as inspiration for your ebook.
An excellent place to get customer feedback about a similar topic you are going to write about in your ebook is Amazon.
The comments on Amazon can provide a wealth of insight into what customers are looking for in your niche.
What are their complaints?
What do they love?
How can you either improve on what’s out there or completely reinvent something?
This works especially well for information products or ebooks.
Make a list of everything customers love and everything they complain about on your topic.
This is excellent information you can use as a starting point for your next information product/ebook.
Use Keyword Research to Find Product Opportunities
By pairing product demand to existing keywords, you really can capture consistent organic traffic from Google.
By strategically looking for product ideas based on real search queries, you can accomplish two major things:
- you gain valuable insight into what you can sell
- You also get ranked high in the search engines.
Imagine launching an information product or ebook that Google quickly places on page one of the natural results.
What will happen is you’ll have free traffic for as long as Google is loving the content you offer.
But by pairing product demand to existing keywords, you really can capture consistent organic traffic from Google.
However, the problem with some experienced marketers is they are constantly concerned about Google changing its algorithm.
Here is something you ALWAYS need to keep in mind:
If your MAIN goal is to provide relevant, useful content that your readers can actually use and will help them solve their problems, it doesn’t matter if or when Google changes
Good bloggers NEVER write for Google…You write to benefit your readers.
I NEVER, EVER worry about what “algorithm” Google or any other search engine rolls out next!
I never write for the search engines – I ALWAYS write for my readers.
Therefore, by doing that, even if Google’s algorithm causes me to lose some traffic, I can always tweak my content to bring it more in line with the new rules.
Or, I can just write new content!
NEVER write for Google! ALWAYS write for your readers, and you’ll be just fine!
Keyword research is one of the most important aspects of creating your own information product.
Even if you are selling someone else’s information product as an affiliate, you MUST have a good keyword at your disposal.
Jaxxy – The Best Keyword Tool I’ve Ever Used
It’s important to remember that Google isn’t the only place where people start their search.
Amazon, eBay, Etsy, YouTube, and other online marketplaces also have their own search functions, which means lots of keyword data as well.
However, the BEST keyword tool I’ve ever used is the Jaaxy Keyword Tool from Wealthy Affiliate.
What Jaaxy Is Really For
Jaaxy is great for a lot of things including but not limited to:
- A save feature that will help you organize your keyword lists by topic
- Finding the latest trends that are currently popular on the web
- Discovering high traffic niches that are virtually untouched
- Finding keywords with low competition that make it easy to get instant rankings
- Knowing how much traffic you can expect for a particular keyword and rank for it
- Learning how competitive a keyword is
- Finding high traffic niches that are virtually untouched
- Helping you to brainstorm for new keywords and niches
- Building to-do lists for your projects
- Providing helpful keyword “metrics” or research to help improve your SEO
- Helping you decide whether you should bet on a particular niche or not
- Searching and buying new domain names and flipping them later
- Allows you to use Google’s Instant Alphabet Soup technique to find long-tail keywords
- Discovering affiliate programs for your niche and keywords
- Uncovering potential money-making opportunities within a particular niche
- Revealing your site and posts rankings so you can improve your sites SEO
What Are The Pros of Jaaxy
Jaaxy is a powerful tool with lots of excellent features, let me enumerate some of them:
- There is no learning curve using Jaaxy – easy for even a newbie to use
- Very easy to navigate interface
- Lightning fast
- Provides very accurate data
- No unneeded stuff nor useless information to distract you
- Since this is an online application, you can use it on any PC or Mac
- It’s mobile friendly and can be used on any tablet or smartphone
- There is no need for software installation or download
- You’ll always have access to the most updated version
- It can help you find profatable keywords to use on all online advertising campaigns,
- Revolutionary in finding high traffic keywords with low competition
- If there is an issue, technical support is always fast and reliable
- Gets data directly from Google, Bing and Yahoo and combines it with its own proprietary data
- Your results are calculated in seconds – never wait long for results
- There’s a fast and reliable support
- This tool is useful for all levels of internet marketers
What Are The Cons of Jaaxy
As good as Jaaxy is, there’s always room for improvement.
The best part is that the Jaaxy team at Wealthy Affiliate are always introducing new features and making refinements.
Here are a few of Jaaxy’s cons:
- At this point, Jaaxy cannot select whether you’re targeting local or global searches
- You cannot choose a foregin language
- The pricing can be a bit expensive especially for people on a budget and just starting out in internet marketing
- Jaaxy has some features that you won’t use much at all.
Don’t Take My Word For It, Try It For Free
It’s all a matter of trying it for yourself to see how it goes.
The best part is that you can do it for free.
You won’t even lose money while you’re using Jaaxy.
Try Jaaxy for 30 FREE searches and see for yourself just how good this keyword tool really is.
How to Make $100,000 Online Selling An Information Product
Sometimes we just need to take a look at the math to realize that a $100,000 a year, or even a month, is entirely possible.
Let’s say you create a $37 eBook.
$37 x 2703 sold = $100,011
If you break that down per month, then 2703 divided by 12 months = 225 eBooks sold per month, which is less than 10 per day.
Can you sell 10 ebooks per day?
Is it possible to sell 10 ebooks per day?
Yes…It’s entirely possible.
Let’s put it another way… are there 10 people in the world that you can help each day with your knowledge?
But I can hear what you’re thinking right now…
“I can’t do this, I’m not an expert!”
That’s almost always the biggest hurdle for most people who are looking to create information products.
Here’s what you might not know: It’s not that hard to be an expert.
Ask yourself this question: Have you solved a major problem for someone?
Have you done something – anything – that other people would like to accomplish?
As long as you can solve someone else’s problem or pain, or give them the benefit they seek or even help them with their passion, then you can create your own information products.
You don’t need to be the world-class expert on a topic, and you don’t need to do it perfectly.
- Why Do People Self Sabotage And Why You Need To Know?
- How To Avoid Affiliate Marketing Scams And Not Lose Money
- Tips For Writing Great Content So You Can Make Money Online
- How Can I Make Money With Affiliate Marketing?
How To Make Money Selling Digital Products: Just Help People Solve Their Problems
You’re not writing a thesis or giving a lecture at Harvard University.
You’re simply helping people to solve their problems and get what they want in life.
Do you remember what it was like to need someone to help YOU with YOUR problem?
I’m sure it created a lot of anxiety and uncertainty for you, didn’t it?
However, you got through it. You survived the ordeal and even thrived afterward.
Now you can position yourself to help others and make a very good living from doing so.
Remember, if you really don’t want to be “the expert” yourself, then you can always partner with someone as an affiliate, who plays the part of the expert.
Don’t sell yourself short! Selling digital products online can be quite lucrative for those who are willing to make the necessary sacrifices.
You Can Do This!